How can I make when a user presses "like" not to load a new page telling that his/her vote has been verified but to count instanly the like ?

I have a phpbb2 forum...!

I don't think this is available on Forumotion, yet. Try suggesting on the Help Board.

I already did xD http://help.forumotion.com/t98661-how-can-i-add-the-instant-like-option-as-here-on-my-forum

But they provided me help that is useless because I have a phpbb2 forum and the link refers to phpbb3,Invision,punbb...

Can that be done on phpbb2 ?

According to Dion's reply in his tutorial, phpBB2 has it's DOM too old that you can hardly have this function installed.
So sorry, when it comes to DOM, I'm not ready for that yet.

According to Dion's reply in his tutorial, phpBB2 has it's DOM too old that you can hardly have this function installed.

And that is true. That beast is ancient! wow!

Well then I will change a bit my question xD

What do you recomend: phpbb2 or punbb ?

According to forumotion phpbb2 is 100% customizable in comparison with punbb that is says that is simple and not so customizable...

phpBB2 is more customize-able in a sense at the templates (although I don't find it easy as it's mostly made up of tables which restricts one a lot). However, as Dion stated in his reply, the DOM is ancient. For once, perhaps, it was the best but not today. Whereas punBB is more flexible. If you had once visited a Forumotion forum called TeaLeaf Graphics, you would see the beauty and the out-pushing effort of the admin using punBB.

is DOM the Document Object Model ? and about the punbb forum you told me It's been closed Crying

As I said, once. It means that it's no longer there now. It's now Ego One.

Ego one is a punbb forum ??? wow! I am changing to punbb definetely !!

If there is nothing else to say, you can lock that topic too...

Ego One was punBB on Forumotion but now it's moved back to phpBB. I'm not sure which version it is now.
Don't worry about that cause punBB offers you a lot. Ego One looks great even when it's still under Forumotion.

Ok thank you... I will change to punbb Smile