I see them everywhere, rollover images. Like the "New Topic" buttons, or the "New Reply" buttons. I would like to know how to do that. I find the codes all over the place, but how do I use them? I will admit, I am code illiterate. I do not know any code(other than BBcode). So if you know how to use them, please help me! Thank you so much (:

Regards,
Harper

There are several ways doing this. But whatever it is, it still relates to the CSS pseudo-element :hover and CSS3 Transitions.

The opacity version
Ok, I don't do my homework well on IE but on all major browsers, this is viewable.

Code:
img {
opacity: 0.6;
-moz-transition: opacity 1s ease-in-out;
-webkit-transition: opacity 1s ease-in-out;
-o-transition: opacity 1s ease-in-out;
transition: opacity 1s ease-in-out;
}

img:hover {
opacity: 1.0;

A glowing background (Which I actually prefer calling it a background when hovered)
It's just adding a background to the element when hovered.
Code:
img:hover {
  background-image: url(IMAGE_URL);
}

Or there's one more way which I don't really like to use cause it's a pressure on websites. Loading jQuery requires time actually. So if your visitors are from those country which has slow connections, like mine (M'sia), try avoiding jQuery hover states.
It's probably something like this, I'm not showing the background one.

Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function() {
        $('.hoverme').each(function() {
            $(this).hover(function() {
                $(this).stop().animate({ opacity: 1.0 }, 500);
            },
          function() {
              $(this).stop().animate({ opacity: 0.0 }, 500);
          });
        });
    });
</script>
The code above should do the job well. Just remember to add the jQuery main file (I still don't know what's it called, someone tell me please) which you can get them at the jQuery main site.
Visit http://jquery.com to get the file.

Hope that my long explanation helped. Smile

Nice long explanation..
There's no need to host the library, though. It is default with forumotion.

I thought Forumotion is offering an old out-dated version. (I don't know but I think I heard someone said before)

They've updated it.

I see... Thanks

I was looking for this code! THEX!!

Thanks for the code, but I don't know what to do with it. How do I get the hover effect? I'm sorry, I don't do coding. I don't know any. Thanks for the help!

Just add the pseudo-class :hover to the particular thing you wanted to have the hover effect.
I have explained very throughly in the long reply, read carefully.
But since that you are code illiterate, take my word to not go with jQuery. Just use CSS instead.
Test your codes at http://www.onlinehtmleditor.com
But you have to first learn from the basics, if you really want things to get smoother for you in the future, at
http://www.w3schools.com

If you seriously need a full code, just tell me.

nice

No-one,Don't post such seamless posts.
Member warned.

Evil wrote:They've updated it.

As Japo said(and i remember) its still using version 1.3.2 cause its the only not causing bugs in FM boards Confused

That's why I changed the jQuery library myself. Razz