Is it possible to make separate image for each category individually? Forum version is phpbb3

what exactly do you mean? :/

Like this:

NOTE: the images were taken off random forums
What I am mainly looking to do is make the forum so they all look the same. Like all categories have the same top image, side image, and bottom image. If I can't do that then making all categories have a different image would also work Smile

So it a backgroundimage to the each forumtable you want? Or am I wrong? Smile

So you want me to give you the css for a header,body,bottom image for any category?

Unknown Data wrote:So it a backgroundimage to the each forumtable you want? Or am I wrong? Smile
I want it so each category has the same top, middle, and bottom. If thats not possible, I would like to know how to do what I originally asked Smile
Nick wrote:So you want me to give you the css for a header,body,bottom image for any category?
Yeah That is what I'm looking for. I can't seem to find how to do that Smile

Of course.. err.. It has to be.. If I just find. the..property.. ARG!
Note to any knowledge-man: Use the :nth-child() pseudo! (drops down dead)

XD

Now there's something I've never really saw on Forumotion... especially phpBB3...

I have an idea but it's only for PunBB and phpBB2 which enables template editing.
Make another table yourself and edit through CSS... That's from scratch... Smile

Japorized wrote:Now there's something I've never really saw on Forumotion... especially phpBB3...

I have an idea but it's only for PunBB and phpBB2 which enables template editing.
Make another table yourself and edit through CSS... That's from scratch... Smile

have the same idea. Happy

I'm sure there is probably a code. I have something that would work but it is for the background. Is it possible to change the code from the background to the categories?

I gave you guys an hint, XD
Use the :nth-child(nth) pseudo to change the background =D

@Agent: Of course it's possible.

@Evil: I see. Good tipping. Except that I didn't have time to learn most of the pseudo classes yet... Razz

I like giving tips. =)

Code:
#selector:nth-child(1)
#selector:nth-child(2)
#selector:nth-child(3)

There.. just find the selector and apply the values..

oh ok thank you, now let me see if i can find that out Happy I'm doing my best to try and learn css Razz

Is it the specific category header you want changed or the whole table?

I want to change all of the headers, middle, and bottoms of the categories. I'm still tring to think this out Razz

Could I have one more hint? I am really confused. I have tried many things but none work!

Code:
.tableclass:first-child {
  background-image: url(IMG_URL_HERE);
  height: XX px /*preferably the same as others*/
  width: XX px /*make it the same with other to make it all uniformed*/
}

Should be something like this.

@Evil: What's 'nth'? Sorry but I'm not really good with pseudos.

The nth-child is probably the most awesome pseudo of all time. It may be used to choose precisely what number of an element to choose!
Let's have an look at the syntax..
Code:

.epic:nth-child(3) { }
This piece of CSS should apply values to the third child of the class named epic.

Read more.. click here!

Ok, now you guys just lost me. Will that work for a top, middle, and bottom?

@Evil: Nice and thanks man. That's extremely useful to me.

@Agent: Have you read the tutorial? Just give a class or id to your desired tables with the nth-child (number) in your CSS.

But first, do you understand what Evil and I are writing? If you do, it'll be a whole lot simpler.

If you understand me, be sure to take the next step! This time using jQuery.. and not that buggy pseudo.. First, may I have your forum link.

Here's an script.. this script will select the fourth div. Kinda like counting three backwards from the div =)

Code:
jQuery("document").ready(function() {
  jQuery("div").eq("3").append("Hello!");
});

Consider the .eq() an hint.. now.. time for yet another!
Let's have an look here.. .css().. Yes.. Cascading Style Sheets from jQuery.. although the syntax in it is all screwed up.

Code:
jQuery("document").ready(function() {
  jQuery("div").eq("3").css("background","black");
});

Should append the background black to the third div =)

I literally have no idea what is happening now :/ I thought we were going to do this through css since the forum version is phpbb3

Neeh, jQuery since it's multi-browser compatible =D
Leave this to Japo, though =D

well you can't fit it in the css right? phpbb3 doesn't offer template editing

Go to page : 1, 2  Next