how would i put a character limit on posts because people are posting 1 worded posts all the time :/

This'll require a lot of deep stuff but relax, it's easy and you'll be playing around with that template for a long time editing the page. lol

In your Admin Panel, access to the Display section then templates for Post & Private messages.
Look into posting_body and there you can edit the posting page of your forum. That's how WD's got the moderating tools in that page. Smile

as Japo said:
Try find this:

Code:
<textarea  id="text_editor_textarea" class="post" style="width:100%;height:250px" onclick="storeCaret(this)" onkeyup="storeCaret(this)" name="message" rows="15" cols="35" tabindex="3" onselect="storeCaret(this)" wrap="virtual">{MESSAGE}</textarea>

and add "minlength="5" hope it help.. its for #phpbb2 (:

Gangstar15 wrote:as Japo said:
Try find this:
Code:
<textarea  id="text_editor_textarea" class="post" style="width:100%;height:250px" onclick="storeCaret(this)" onkeyup="storeCaret(this)" name="message" rows="15" cols="35" tabindex="3" onselect="storeCaret(this)" wrap="virtual">{MESSAGE}</textarea>

and add "minlength="5" hope it help.. its for #phpbb2 (:

anything for punbb?

like a java script error message saying you must post at least 20 characters?

For punbb just search for textarea and you will find it (: its a little the same like the one above.

yeh i did that and added that code you gave me, i tested it and it did not seem to work