i have problem with this code

Code:
<form action="/profile?mode=editprofile&page_profil=friendsfoes" method="post"><input type="text" name="friend" id="friend" value="{postrow.displayed.POSTER_NAME}" style="width:60%;" maxlength="25" /> <input type="submit" value="Add" class="mainoption" /></form>

prbolem is in value
Code:
value="{postrow.displayed.POSTER_NAME}"
i cant use this, because its a link, not ordinary username-text { postrow.displayed.POSTER_NAME }
can i some how get only posters name (without link) to put in value automatically ... some kind of script or something, to add in value ???

i try it with { POSTER_NAME } dont work ...

then i will add this code to viewtopic_body, modified it and have fast add button on posts under avatars or i can use slide menu or something....to look batter

I don't know if this works. Try it.
{comment.displayed.POSTER_NAME}

noup :(

I think that requires php then which is impossible with Forumotion forums. Fetching usernames is impossible with javascript, as far as I know.

So if this shows the the usernamelink, then you could create a JS variable which selects the usernamelink, and ude innerHTML, to get the username.
It would require a little chance of your current HTML, but I don't think it's impossible. Smile

I get your meaning now. I'm sorry I'm not well-versed with javascript. Shy

any one try it ? Smile

Did you get it from Diondesign?

yes...

Did you get it from Diondesign?

And its not allowed to be here Wink
My copyrighted code can only be posted where i post it. Please remove it and use a link to the topic which has the code in.

Or better yet, remove the code and replace it with this link:
http://lgforum.forumotion.co.uk/t17-3-add-as-friend-link-in-post-profiles

@LGforum: Your tutorial forum requires registration.

Even so, my copyrighted codes should not be posted here.
And the first one even has the copyright REMOVED... Shuck

If you want this code visit my forum and register or visit the topic on Dion Designs where this code was posted by me is available to guests. My code needs to be removed from this topic before i file a litigation.

LGforum wrote:Even so, my copyrighted codes should not be posted here.

If you want this code visit my forum and register or visit the topic on Dion Designs where this code was posted by me is available to guests. My code needs to be removed from this topic before i file a litigation.

I'll Delete it

Take it easy boy Wink
You should PM the first poster..

TheBot wrote:

Take it easy boy Wink

He has a perfect reason for being angry...

Thank you for removing it.

And hey Saxaphone! Fancy seeing you here! Razz

Nothing to do with the first poster. He had done nothing wrong.
I believe it was Irian who posted the codes.